- Licenciado en Ciencias Jurídicas y Sociales, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala, Septiembre de 1943.
- Estudios de Post-graduado en la Universidad de Columbia, Nueva York, 1943-1944 (Beca Laguardia).
- Estudios de Antropología e Historia en la Facultad de Humanidades de Guatemala, 1946-1947.
- Doctor en Leyes (Honoris Causa), Universidad de Pennsylvania, Estados Unidos, Enero de 1962.
- Doctor en Ciencias Políticas (Honoris Causa), Universidad de Hankuk, Corea, 1977.
Carta de la Universidad de Pennsylvania al Dr. Molina Orantes.
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Adolfo Molina Orantes
No stranger to the United States, as a youth attended school in California, and later won a fellowship to Columbia University to study international law. You have devoted your energy and talent to law, education, and public service.
You have held high government positions in several administrations in Guatemala. Learned in the law, you have been Dean of the Law School of San Carlos University and have represented your country before international tribunals.
The wise adice and patient help which you have given to the University Museum's explorations at Tikal have contributed immeasurably to their successful prosecution.
Now, as chief coordinator of the Museum's training program in the field and at the University of San Carlos, you will bring the operation of the Tikal project under the aegis of Guatemalans trained in Guatemala.
This University is pleased to confer special academic distincion on you. In so doing, it expresses the hope that the cultural ties which bind our countries may become ever closer.
Citation accompanies the honorary degree of Doctor of Laws conferred on January 20, 1962.